We often find that Business plans are created then never revisited! Of course, with all the best will in the world a plan should be reviewed and updated as your business establishes and grows. So what about keeping it relevant?
Think of it as a ‘Business Review’ whether you do it yourself or have an independent consultant (like us) involved, the benefits will shine through.
Let’s assume your business is now established and maybe looking for investment or adding addition products or services for growth. Now is the time to review where you’re at and look at the real impact over the entire business. We’re not just referring to the product or service; but the people who work for you and your entire brand identity.
One particular consideration that is so often forgotten - is to get across the belief and passion to your investors. All investors are looking for the facts – yes, but it is also what is says about the culture of your business
Both are critical to success, but “Culture beats strategy” hands-down, it’s always about the culture within your business gives more chance of success
A business plan is so much more than a collection of related facts. Therefore, a good start point is to define a Business plan.
- It is a Sales Tool
- It is a holding point of all related credible information
- It is showing both the understanding and ability to maximise the opportunity.
- It is engaging and well presented - main points must be referenced to prove relevance and accuracy.
- The Financial summary must be clear, compelling and certainly add up!
So you have a plan and you’re ready for your next step - let’s talk about our own approach when supporting businesses through change:
Firstly by getting together, giving an ‘outside perspective’ on your business and reviewing what the business really needs, not just offering a standard solution.
We offer tailored packages that provide both clarity and benefits to your business - We are impartial, experienced and very much on your side!
We would always suggest the earlier you review in the process of creation, the better.
We offer three starting packages which are:
- Initial Review - Review, comment and expand on what has been produced. Our perspective will be very much through the eyes of an investor.
- Review and Plan Next Steps – following on from the initial review we then focus on how the plan adds benefits to the target Customer. Can your plan be supported? We help assess if the approach is concise and can be structured as a cohesive strategy. This is the detail that is then formed into a ‘value proposition’
- Making it Happen - To ensure the Business Plan is well received particularly if intended to appeal to investors and potentially larger customers, much more will need to be considered. We support this by ‘auditing’ the business from a potential ‘customer’ perspective. This audit is to assist the business to prepare and understand what is required; including basic risk and perception analysis. A great example of this is to appreciate customers perceptions are formed from the moment communication begins.
We offer a specialist service to both assist in the formation and critique of your business plan to help ensure success with a realistic outcome.
Here at u-look-i-c Ltd we help you to understand and demonstrate your benefits in relation to what your customer(s) need and value.
The results help us to identify and guide you through next steps. We are your professional partner to business growth.
Contact us for more information or to set up an initial conversation.